Now that the Blackhawks' destiny is set, let's use this excuse to watch and marvel at the consensus 2023 No. 1 pick, Connor Bedard, through the years. He's been touted as one of the best players since he hit puberty, so we're going to go by age with these highlights.
- 84 points (43 G, 41) in 36 games with West Van Academy Prep (CSSHL U18)
- 28 points (12 G, 16 A) in 15 games with Regina Pats (WHL)
- 14 points (7 G, 7A) in 7 games with Canada U18 (2021 WJC)
- 100 points (51 G, 49 A) in 62 games with Regina Pats (WHL)
- 5 points (4 G, 1 A) in 2 games with Canada U20 (2022 WJC)*
- 7 points (6 G, 1 A) in 4 games with Canada U18 (2022 WJC)
- 8 points (4 G, 4 A) in 7 games with Canada U20 (2022 WJC)
*Cancelled due to COVID-19
- 143 points (71 G, 72 A) in 57 regular season games, 20 points (10 G, 10 A) in 7 playoff games with Regina Pats (WHL)
- 23 points (9 G, 14 A) in 7 games with Canada U20 (2023 WJC)
nerdy number-oriented fans, here are some more stats from the prior hockey season to salivate over:
Posting this one by itself because Bedard celebrates with the Patrick Kane heartbreaker move:
And then of course there's this:
Does this mean Bedard is fated for the Blackhawks?
Speaking of Kane, if you're even a little skeptical about Bedard, don't just take our word for him – listen to Kane: